Did you know, at birth, a baby giraffe is as tall as an adult male human? Come to see and feed these wonderful creatures at Virginia’s only drive through zoo, the Virginia Safari Park.
Seriously, one of the best kept secrets in all of Virginia. If you love to look at animals from all over the world (and in some cases, interact) this is a trip that you will never forget. The park offers more than 1,000 animals to see between its 180 acres of drive through zoo and the walk through village. Wagon rides are a great way to experience parts of the park as well. Purchase buckets of food to draw the animals to your car. You can also feed budgies and giraffes at the walk through village. If you have children, this experience will be unlike most anything they have ever done before. Be sure to food/snacks for yourselves as the diners close earlier than the park and there are not a lot of local choices for food.
- What: Drive through Safari Park and Walk Through Zoo
- Who: EVERYONE!
- Where: Natural Bridge, Virginia
- When: March through November, Opening at 9am, Check Park Hours for Closing Times
- Cost: Children 2-12 $12.95, Adults 13-64 $19.95, Seniors 65+ $18.95
- Location: 229 Safari Lane, Natural Bridge, VA 24578