Take a journey back to 1771 and experience what it was like to go to the market and catch up on the latest happenings outside of your farm. Smell the rosemary chicken and sausage cooking. Drink a beer from the tavern. Buy some kitchen wares at auction. Let your children paint, play games, watch the puppet show, make candles, and pester the man on the lathe making wooden rings. You work hard every day from sunup until sundown. Enjoy this day.
- Who: Everyone!
- What: One of the most genuine colonial markets in Virginia
- Where: Claude Moore Colonial Farm, 6310 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22101
- Why: You want to experience a glimpse of what it was like to live in 1771
- When: May 19th and 20th, July 31st and July 22nd, October 20th and 21st – Open between 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- How Much: $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 3-12 (or buy a membership and visit as often as you wish).
- Website: 1771.org/marketfair